Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the New Haven metro area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in New Haven
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and TAs require an additional ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the lateral spread of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential services back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV technology deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in New Haven
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the New Haven area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.