Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Panama City area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Panama City
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of capability with the least downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get vital services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Panama City
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Panama City area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.