Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Louisville
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy response groups that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to supplement your network staff and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the threat actor
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to recover physical and virtual devices and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform a full forensic review and create a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and recommends actions that can be taken to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of every breached device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring files from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption utility, current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then demand an additional payment for not posting this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to be certain that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in numerous cases the threat actor has little say over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which data were compromised, and carrying out the necessary notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Louisville
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Louisville, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.