Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Sherman Oaks
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish response teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of experts to supplement your network support team and recover your network rapidly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and operating the TA's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore machines and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to perform a full forensic review and create a document to deliver to the insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand security gaps that need to be eliminated and suggests steps that can be performed to block subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of every breached device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption utility, modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate information. Hackers can then demand an extra payment for not divulging this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the hacker. Actually, in many instances the TA has little control over where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which files were taken, and performing the mandated alerts to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Sherman Oaks
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Sherman Oaks, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.