Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Sherman Oaks
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a mix of field experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy recovery teams that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your network staff and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the TA's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and using the threat actor's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a report to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This report identifies cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and suggests actions that should be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering files from air-gapped restores or uncompromised machines
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to demand an extra ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to guarantee that stolen files have been completely deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous instances the hacker has limited say about who can access the stolen files. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which data were stolen, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Sherman Oaks
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Sherman Oaks, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.