Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in London
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response teams that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT knowledge and the deep bench of experts to complement your IT staff and recover your network rapidly and economically.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Confirming compliance with anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the TA's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be corrected and suggests actions to be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Making digital copies of every compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption utility, current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand an additional payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to guarantee that stolen data have been totally erased by the hacker. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has little control over the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the advice of legal counsel, performing an audit on which files were stolen, and sending the required alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in London
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in London, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.