Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Sorocaba
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also requires working closely with the victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish recovery groups that work efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of technical knowledge and the deep bench of experts to supplement your network staff and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the threat actor
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the threat actor's decryptor tool
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore machines and software services to their original state. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This report identifies cybersecurity gaps that need to be fixed and suggests steps that should be taken to block future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the attack
- Creating digital copies of each compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from offline backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to demand an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the hacker. In fact, in many cases the TA has limited control over data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an investigation into which files were stolen, and performing the mandated notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Sorocaba
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement expertise in Sorocaba, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.