Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Sorocaba
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response groups that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network quickly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement payment with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the threat actor
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the hacker's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be fixed and recommends steps that should be taken to block future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating digital copies of every infected device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding money for a decryption utility, current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. TAs can then require a separate ransom for not publishing this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in many cases the hacker has little control about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which files were compromised, and sending the required notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Sorocaba
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Sorocaba, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.