Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Sorocaba
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of technical skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your network staff and recover your network rapidly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a forensics investigation and create a report to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report identifies security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and recommends steps that can be taken to counter subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Isolating infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the attack
- Creating digital copies of every breached device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack condition
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption utility, current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to require an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to guarantee that stolen data have been totally deleted by the hacker. Actually, in numerous cases the threat actor has little control over data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the advice of legal counsel, performing an inventory of files were taken, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Sorocaba
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Sorocaba, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.