Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Brasília
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your network staff and restore your network environment quickly and economically.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and operating the hacker's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover physical and virtual devices and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct a forensics investigation and generate a document to deliver to the insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that need to be fixed and suggests actions that should be performed to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to prevent further progress of the attack
- Making digital copies of each breached device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped restores or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate information. TAs can then require a separate settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. Actually, in many instances the hacker has little control about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and carrying out the mandated notifications to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Brasília
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Brasília, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.