Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Albany
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response teams that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network staff and restore your network quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a document to share with the insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be corrected and recommends steps that should be performed to block subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of every compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding anti-virus agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from offline backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs can then require an additional payment for not divulging this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated files have been totally erased by the TA. In fact, in numerous cases the threat actor has limited say over where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an inventory of files were taken, and performing the mandated alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Albany
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Albany, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.