Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Albany
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that requires a combination of field experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also demands working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the insurance provider, if any. Since the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response teams that operate effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network staff and recover your network rapidly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement range with the victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and create a report to share with the insurance carrier. This document identifies cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests actions to be performed to combat subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making replicas of each breached server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from air-gapped backups or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption utility, current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then require an additional settlement for not posting this information or selling it. Sadly, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated data have been completely erased by the threat actor. In fact, in many cases the TA has little say about data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were stolen, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Albany
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Albany, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.