Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Dallas
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of field experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish response teams that operate efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to supplement your IT support team and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the TA's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryptor tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryption utility
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report identifies security vulnerabilities that must be corrected and recommends actions that can be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Making replicas of every breached device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to demand an additional payment for not posting this data or selling it. Sadly, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated data have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has little say about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an inventory of files were compromised, and carrying out the required alerts to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Dallas
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Dallas, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.