Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Fort Wayne
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if any. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your IT support team and recover your network quickly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the TA's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform a full forensic review and generate a report to share with the insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be corrected and suggests actions to be performed to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of every compromised device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped restores or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then demand an extra ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no way to be certain that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in many cases the TA has limited control over who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an investigation into which data were compromised, and carrying out the necessary alerts to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Fort Wayne
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Fort Wayne, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.