Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Hialeah
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also calls for working closely with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Since the number one priority of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy response groups that work efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your network support team and restore your network quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the TA's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore computers and software services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a report to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests actions to be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of every infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped backups or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs are then able to require a separate payment for not posting this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the hacker. In fact, in many cases the threat actor has little say about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an inventory of files were taken, and performing the required notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Hialeah
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Hialeah, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.