Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Hialeah
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a combination of field experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to establish response groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your network staff and restore your network quickly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the TA's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the threat actor
- Verifying accordance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption tool
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a full forensic review and generate a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be eliminated and recommends actions to be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to demand an additional settlement for not posting this information on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous instances the threat actor has limited control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an inventory of data were stolen, and performing the necessary notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Hialeah
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Hialeah, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.