Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Hialeah
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of experts to supplement your IT support team and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover physical and virtual devices and software services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document identifies cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests actions that should be performed to block subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every breached device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped restores or uncompromised machines
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding money for a decryption tool, current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate information. Hackers are then able to require a separate payment in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Sadly, there exists no method to prove that stolen files have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in many instances the TA has limited control over the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of legal counsel, performing an investigation into which files were stolen, and carrying out the mandated alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Hialeah
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Hialeah, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.