Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Manhattan Beach
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response teams that operate effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network support team and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the TA's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the threat actor
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryption tool
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore computers and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a document to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and recommends steps that can be taken to combat subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then demand an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Sadly, there is no method to prove that stolen files have been totally deleted by the TA. Actually, in many instances the hacker has little control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an inventory of files were compromised, and sending the required alerts to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Manhattan Beach
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Manhattan Beach, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.