Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Manhattan Beach
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response groups that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to supplement your IT support team and recover your network quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption tool
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This document identifies security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and suggests actions that should be performed to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. Hackers are then able to require an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated data have been completely erased by the hacker. Actually, in many cases the threat actor has little control over the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an inventory of files were taken, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Manhattan Beach
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Manhattan Beach, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.