Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Rancho Cordova
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Since the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish response groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network support team and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the insurance provider. This document identifies security vulnerabilities that must be corrected and recommends steps that can be performed to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Making digital copies of each compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring files from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the hacker. In fact, in numerous cases the threat actor has little say about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which files were taken, and performing the necessary alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Rancho Cordova
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Rancho Cordova, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.