Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Rancho Cordova
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response groups that operate efficiently, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of experts to supplement your IT support team and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the threat actor
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption tool
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a full forensic review and create a document to deliver to the insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests steps that should be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of each compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. Hackers are then able to demand an extra settlement for not divulging this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated data have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in many instances the hacker has limited control about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an inventory of data were stolen, and carrying out the mandated notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Rancho Cordova
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Rancho Cordova, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.