Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Rancho Cordova
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a combination of field experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy response teams that operate effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your IT staff and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Verifying accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to recover computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be fixed and suggests steps that can be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each infected device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then demand an extra settlement in exchange for not divulging this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that exfiltrated data have been completely deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in many instances the hacker has limited control about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an investigation into which data were stolen, and carrying out the mandated alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Rancho Cordova
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Rancho Cordova, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.