Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Valencia
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is critical to establish recovery teams that operate efficiently, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover physical and virtual devices and software services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be fixed and suggests steps to be taken to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand a separate payment for not posting this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated data have been totally deleted by the hacker. Actually, in many cases the hacker has little control over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which files were stolen, and carrying out the required notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Valencia
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Valencia, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.