Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Valencia
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the top goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response groups that operate efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network support team and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to conduct a full forensic review and generate a report to deliver to the insurance carrier. This document identifies security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and suggests steps to be taken to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the attack
- Creating replicas of each breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption utility, current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs can then require an extra ransom for not divulging this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to guarantee that stolen data have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous instances the hacker has limited say about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an inventory of data were stolen, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Valencia
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Valencia, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.