Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Valencia
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your network support team and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the TA's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the threat actor's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryptor utility
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document identifies cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests steps that can be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making replicas of every infected device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to require an additional payment in exchange for not divulging this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no way to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the hacker. Actually, in many instances the hacker has little say over where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an inventory of data were compromised, and performing the necessary alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Valencia
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Valencia, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.