Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Birmingham area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Birmingham
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an additional settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response involves arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators. Immutable storage adds another level of security and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology used by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Birmingham
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Birmingham area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.