Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make inside a target's network, the longer it takes to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Birmingham metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Birmingham
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the sideways progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Birmingham
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Birmingham area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.