Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Allen
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to establish response groups that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of technical skills and the depth of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network quickly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the threat actor
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the insurance provider. This report identifies security vulnerabilities that must be fixed and suggests actions that can be taken to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of every breached device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering files from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. Hackers can then require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that stolen files have been totally deleted by the hacker. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has little say about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were taken, and carrying out the required alerts to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Allen
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement guidance in Allen, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.