Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Glendale
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Glendale business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Glendale
To find out more about how Progent can help your Glendale business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.