Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Glendale
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Glendale business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Glendale
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Glendale business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.