Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Glendale
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Glendale business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups focused on file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Glendale
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Glendale organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.