Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Glendale
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Glendale organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Glendale
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Glendale organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.