Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Glendale
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Glendale organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Glendale
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Glendale business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.