Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Detroit
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Detroit organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Detroit
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Detroit business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.