Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Detroit
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Detroit organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Detroit
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Detroit business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.