Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Detroit
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Detroit organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Detroit
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Detroit organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.