Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Fort Worth
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Fort Worth organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Fort Worth
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Fort Worth business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.