Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Fort Worth
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Fort Worth organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Fort Worth
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Fort Worth business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.