Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in San Diego
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your San Diego organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in San Diego
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your San Diego business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.