Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Florianópolis
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Florianópolis business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Florianópolis
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Florianópolis business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.