Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Florianópolis
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Florianópolis business can use Progent's forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Florianópolis
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Florianópolis business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.