Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Florianópolis
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Florianópolis business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Florianópolis
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Florianópolis organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.