Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Florianópolis
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Florianópolis organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Florianópolis
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Florianópolis business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.