Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in San Antonio
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to business resumption and data restoration. Your San Antonio organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in San Antonio
To learn more information about how Progent can help your San Antonio organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.