Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Curitiba
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Curitiba business can utilize Progent's forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Curitiba
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Curitiba business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.