Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Curitiba
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Curitiba business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Curitiba
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Curitiba business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.