Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Curitiba
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Curitiba business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Curitiba
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Curitiba organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.