Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Curitiba
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Curitiba organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Curitiba
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Curitiba organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.