Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Curitiba metro area to locate and quarantine breached devices and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Curitiba
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating affected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Curitiba
For ransomware system restoration services in the Curitiba area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.