Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Curitiba metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Curitiba
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has several crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires blocking the lateral spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Curitiba
For ransomware cleanup services in the Curitiba metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.