Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's network, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist organizations in the Curitiba metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Curitiba
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an extra payment for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities consist of isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring gives small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Curitiba
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Curitiba metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.