Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make within a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Curitiba metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Curitiba
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response involves blocking the sideways spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of functionality with the least downtime. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including root users. This provides an extra level of protection and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools used by many of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Curitiba
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Curitiba area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.