Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Dallas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Dallas organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Dallas
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Dallas business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.