Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Dallas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Dallas business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Dallas
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Dallas business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.