Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Dayton company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Dayton, Ohio companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Dayton, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.