Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Dayton organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Dayton, Ohio companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Dayton, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.