Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Denver company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Denver, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly utilize their personal computing devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their susceptibility to cyber threats and requires judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive end-user education, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions experts can assist you to design, configure and maintain an effective security solution that protects critical IT resources in networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a protected application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized as this second form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Denver, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.