Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Denver organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Denver, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your existing Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to design, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects critical information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Denver, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.