Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Denver company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Denver, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly utilize their personal computers and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber attacks and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the creation of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of cybersecurity solutions consultants can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital information resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify who you are on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To learn more about Duo identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper about critical things to focus on for protecting an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Denver, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.