Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Denver company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Denver, Colorado businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your company to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Denver, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.