Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Denver organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Denver, Colorado companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Support Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards critical data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Denver, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.