Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Denver organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Denver, Colorado companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to expand your current Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Denver, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.