Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Denver
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Denver organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Denver
To find out more about how Progent can help your Denver business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.