Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Denver
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to complement your IT staff and recover your network environment quickly and economically.
Services available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the threat actor
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be corrected and suggests steps that should be performed to combat future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Creating digital copies of every breached device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to extorting money for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to demand a separate ransom in exchange for not divulging this information or selling it. Sadly, there is no method to guarantee that stolen files have been completely deleted by the TA. Actually, in many instances the TA has little control about data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were taken, and sending the mandated notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Denver
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Denver, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.