Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Des Moines organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Des Moines, Iowa companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or edit the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your business to design, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added means of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Des Moines, Iowa company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.