Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Des Moines company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Des Moines, Iowa businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or revise their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Des Moines, Iowa organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.