Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Des Moines company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Des Moines, Iowa companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Call Center team by splitting delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Des Moines, Iowa company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.