Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Des Moines organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Des Moines, Iowa organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that permits remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your current Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Des Moines, Iowa company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.