Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Des Moines company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Des Moines, Iowa companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Des Moines, Iowa company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.