Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Des Moines
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Des Moines business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or processes that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for close interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Des Moines
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Des Moines business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.