Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Des Moines
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Des Moines organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Des Moines
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Des Moines organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.