Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Des Moines
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Des Moines organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Des Moines
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Des Moines organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.