Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Des Moines
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Des Moines business can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Des Moines
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Des Moines business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.