Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Detroit
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery groups that work effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of experts to supplement your network staff and restore your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the TA's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement range with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the hacker's decryptor tool
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report identifies cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and suggests actions to be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the assault
- Making digital copies of each breached device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped restores or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to require a separate settlement for not publishing this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove that exfiltrated data have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has limited control about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which data were stolen, and carrying out the required alerts to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Detroit
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Detroit, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.