Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Detroit organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Detroit, Michigan companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or edit their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically utilize their own computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to malware threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive user training, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of data security support consultants can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information resources in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added means of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Detroit, Michigan organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.