Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Detroit company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Detroit, Michigan organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.