Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Detroit company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Detroit, Michigan businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that safeguards critical data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Detroit, Michigan business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.