Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Detroit company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Detroit, Michigan organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or update their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Detroit, Michigan company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.