Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Detroit company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Detroit, Michigan organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your company to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Detroit, Michigan company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.