Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Detroit company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or edit their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees commonly use their personal computers and usually work in a poorly secured physical space. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive user education, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity support consultants can help you to plan, implement and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical information assets in environments that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this added means of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about critical things to focus on for protecting a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Detroit, Michigan organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.