Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Detroit company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Detroit, Michigan organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Detroit, Michigan organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.