Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Detroit organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Detroit, Michigan businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Detroit, Michigan organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.