Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Detroit company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Detroit, Michigan company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.