Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Detroit organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Detroit, Michigan organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.