Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Detroit company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Detroit, Michigan organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.