Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Detroit organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Detroit, Michigan companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing remote work environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Detroit, Michigan company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.