Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Detroit company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Detroit, Michigan organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Detroit, Michigan organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.