Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Downers Grove organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Downers Grove, Illinois businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Downers Grove, Illinois company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.