Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Downers Grove organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Downers Grove, Illinois organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Downers Grove, Illinois company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.