Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Downers Grove company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Downers Grove, Illinois organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Downers Grove, Illinois company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.