Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Durham company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Durham, North Carolina organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Durham, North Carolina business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.