Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Durham company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Durham, North Carolina companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Durham, North Carolina business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.