Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Durham organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Durham, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Durham, North Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.