Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Durham organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Durham, North Carolina businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing remote work environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Durham, North Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.