Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Durham company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Durham, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Durham, North Carolina organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.