Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Durham company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Durham, North Carolina companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Durham, North Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.