Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Durham organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Durham, North Carolina businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Durham, North Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.