Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Durham organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Durham, North Carolina organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Durham, North Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.