Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Durham organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Durham, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Durham, North Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.