Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Durham
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Durham organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Durham
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Durham business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.