Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's system, the longer it will require to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Durham metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Durham
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an additional ransom for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack involves a number of crucial stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Durham
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Durham metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.