Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's system, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Durham area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Durham
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack has several distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the least downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get vital resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Durham
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Durham metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.