Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Edison
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Edison organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Create forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Edison
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Edison business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.