Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Edison
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Edison business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Edison
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Edison organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.