Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Edmonton
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Edmonton business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Edmonton
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Edmonton business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.