Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Edmonton
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Edmonton organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Edmonton
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Edmonton business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.