Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware expert can help businesses in the Edmonton area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Edmonton
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any available system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves blocking the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get critical resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV tools used by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Edmonton
For ransomware system recovery services in the Edmonton metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.