Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Edmonton area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Edmonton
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including root users. This adds another level of protection and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Edmonton
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Edmonton area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.