Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Edmonton organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Edmonton, Alberta companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Edmonton, Alberta organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.