Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Edmonton company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Edmonton, Alberta businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Edmonton, Alberta business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.