Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Edmonton organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Edmonton, Alberta companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Edmonton, Alberta organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.