Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a target's system, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Virginia Beach metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Virginia Beach
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra payment in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also requires the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds another level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Virginia Beach
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Virginia Beach area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.