Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist organizations in the Tacoma area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Tacoma
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional payment in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires blocking the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complex recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Tacoma
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Tacoma metro area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.