Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Tacoma metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Tacoma
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires blocking the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring gives small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Tacoma
For ransomware system recovery services in the Tacoma metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.