Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's system, the more time it takes to recover core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Tacoma metro area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Tacoma
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to get vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology used by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, detection, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Tacoma
For ransomware system restoration services in the Tacoma metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.