Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Manaus metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Manaus
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get critical resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not properly shut down, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the attack.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV technology used by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Manaus
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Manaus area, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.