Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineer can assist organizations in the Manaus area to identify and quarantine infected devices and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Manaus
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Manaus
For ransomware system recovery services in the Manaus area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.