Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Brighton metro area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Brighton
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first response involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include cutting off affected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Brighton
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Brighton area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.