Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist organizations in the Beverly Hills metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Beverly Hills
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put essential services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology used by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Beverly Hills
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Beverly Hills metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.