Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a target's network, the longer it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the San Juan metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in San Juan
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores and backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires arresting the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of functionality with the least delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected during the attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in San Juan
For ransomware system restoration services in the San Juan metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.