Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve within a target's network, the longer it takes to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can help businesses in the Edison area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Edison
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get critical resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected during the attack.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Edison
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Edison area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.