Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's network, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Edison area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Edison
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful degree of capability with the least downtime. This effort is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put essential services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools used by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Edison
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Edison metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.