Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist businesses in the São José dos Campos area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in São José dos Campos
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs require an additional ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in São José dos Campos
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the São José dos Campos area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.