Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's network, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware expert can help organizations in the São José dos Campos area to identify and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in São José dos Campos
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and hackers require an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires arresting the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put essential services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring gives small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in São José dos Campos
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the São José dos Campos area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.