Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a victim's system, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help organizations in the São José dos Campos area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in São José dos Campos
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step requires blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the least delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to organize the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring gives small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in São José dos Campos
For ransomware recovery consulting in the São José dos Campos metro area, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.